Oscar Grillo Blogs





After watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the 5 year old Oscar Grillo knew what he wanted to be. "No one explained it was animation, but I knew they were moving drawings and I knew I wanted to be an artist".

When he was 16 years old, Oscar spotted an advertisement for trainee animators and within weeks he was working in a studio making commercials.

Having moved to Europe, Oscar received a call in the early 1970's to work in london for a couple of weeks - he has stayed for 31 years!

By 1980 Oscar had spent 7 years working for Dragon Productions and received the Golden Palm award for best short film, "Seaside Woman". Oscar and Ted joined forces in 1981, and Klacto was born.

Oscar has been described as "among the top three animators in the county". "Many people think he's just an animator, but he's an all rounder". His partner Ted Rockley says of him "His design sense is unmatched". However, Oscar believes "I am a commercial artist, not a painter, but I'm one of the luckiest people because I get away with more".


bio from klacto