Honda's Super Bowl XLIV Ad Tout All-New Accord Crosstour



I never post stuff I personally worked on. Seems like too much of a shameful plug and I am already trying to sell my book here :)

BUT!!! In contrast to all the talk about artists who work in VFX and Animation being abused... I want to state that working at A52 and for the director Andy Hall on this Superbowl spot was one of the most satisfying and professional experiences I have had in quite some time. A52 treats artists with respect. They kept me on board for my full contract, even though I had finished the animation early. I was paid well AND on time (weekly, in fact), fed great food and even gourmet snacks were provided by a chef. The facility was top notch and pipeline was smooth, no B.S.
Not to mention the spot came out pretty good, I think. I dig the style.

There are studios that respect the contribution made by artists to shows. They are usually run or headed by an artist though. My advice, keep an eye out for who is at the top. Trickle down is real.

p.s.
Credit where it's due!!!
I animated the shots after the barbell, Andy did the first shot and Kevin Culhane did the pineapple, trophy and barbell shots.